I suggest you select a goal that you think is out of reach but that is deeply meaningful and important to you. Follow the five ways to be more creative and you may find yourself accomplishing your goal in unexpected ways.
- Make a list, as long as you want, of ways you can imagine accomplishing your goal. Be thorough. When complete, go to the next step.
- Become receptive to new solutions. Release preconceived mental blocks and self limiting beliefs. It is astonishing how we cage ourselves with beliefs we have been absorbing since childhood. Eliminating these taken-for-granted beliefs is vital to be able to recognize new opportunities when they present themselves. Any time you think there is only one way to accomplish something, you are showing yourself you are trapped in an unworkable belief system.
- Throw the first list away and start a new one. Do not tell me you already thought of everything because you merely thought of whatever was most obvious in making the first list. Now is the time to get creative! Make a new list of at least ten more ways to accomplish your goal. These should be ways that do not require an act of God but that you can begin implementing yourself.
- Continue imagining different ways your goal could be accomplished, daydream about it. Allow yourself quiet times of reflection to allow new ideas to surface in your mind. Do not judge the ideas during your quiet time; just allow them to arise so you can see them. Remember how important your goal is to you and make it a high priority to give yourself these relaxed times of reflection.
- Take action on your best ideas. Select the best new ideas from your list or that arise in your quiet reflective moments and take action on them. Ideas only become useful when they are enacted, so continue acting daily on the best fresh new ideas you have invited into your awareness in this process.
As you increase your creative flexibility, your actions will generate increasingly positive results working with this process. Let me know what happens for you when you follow these five ways to creatively acheive your goal.
Copyright © Lexi Sundell 2007. All Rights Reserved.